Have you been injured in an accident due to the negligence of another party? If so, you may be able to receive damages related to injuries, future income loss, and much more. However, you are not going to be compensated if you simply sit back and wait around. Instead, you need to hire a personal injury attorney who can help you fight to receive the compensation you deserve.
There is no denying the fact that there are thousands upon thousands of personal injury attorneys scattered throughout the United States and Canada. With this in mind, you should not expect each and every one to be the same. In fact, no two attorneys are identical.
No matter if you are comparing York personal injury lawyers or Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers, it is essential to focus on the following details:
- Experience. Hands down, this is the most important factor when choosing an attorney for your case. You want to hire somebody who has worked cases similar to yours in the past. For example, if you were injured in a car accident you want to hire a lawyer who has focused a lot of time and resources on related cases. With an experienced attorney, you can be confident that he or she is doing everything possible to help you win your case.
- Enough time to devote to your case. There is nothing worse than hiring a personal injury attorney who does not have enough time in their schedule to truly focus on your case and all the finer details associated with it. It is your job to determine if a particular lawyer has enough time for you.
- Past success. You definitely need to hire somebody with experience. But what good is experience if it never yields positive results? Has the attorney won cases similar to yours in the past? Collect as many details as possible related to past victories. A track record of success can go a long way in putting your mind at ease.
Ask yourself these Questions
Now that you have a better understanding of what to look for in an attorney, you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I comfortable working with this person and their team until my case comes to an end? Remember, your lawsuit could drag out for a year or longer – this is not uncommon.
- Does the person truly have my best interest in mind or is he/she interested in my case only for the payday?
- What is my financial responsibility? Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee, meaning that you don’t owe anything unless your case is won.
If you are seeking a personal injury attorney, it means that something bad has happened to you and/or a family member. While this is a challenging time in your life, hiring an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer can go a long way in helping make things right.