GREENVILLE, Del. — New Castle County detectives have finally discovered the name of the victim who was engulfed on fire after being electrocuted.
Detectives identified the victim as Jeffrey Stone 50 years old and residing Block 100 of Main St., in Townsend, Delaware.
The investigation learned that fatality was repairing his bucket style truck in the vicinity of Block 10of Congressional Drive in the Greenville Place Apartment complex at around 4:20 o’clock Monday.
While lifting the boom of the truck, it touched the power line of Delmarva which electrocuted the victim.
In a matter of seconds, the man was engulfed with fire due to the electricity. It was the electrocution that set the man to fire.
When the officers reached the scene, Stone was dead.
OSHA and detectives are working on the case. They did not discover any foul play and his family have been notified.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, electrical cords and plugs are prime cause of fatal accident related to electrical mishaps each year. But these gadgets are among the easiest dangers to avoid. Another cause of electric accidents is forgetting to de-energize, lockout & tag out dangers during maintenance, repair or inspections. It requires care in using tools or equipment too close to energized parts.
The best method to prevent electrical accidents is to consider this often underrated power source with caution. Always follow the instructions written in the manual of products and on the tiny labels found on appliances, cords, fixtures and other devices.
If you were injured as a result of someone’s negligence please contact an experienced Injury Lawyer to discuss options that both you and your loved ones may have to be compensated.
If you or a loved has suffered due to negligence you may wish to consult with experienced Philadelphia Injury Lawyers. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Please note strict deadline apply and it is in your best interest to contact a Pennsylvania attorney immediately.